How does acupuncture help with insomnia?
Do you suffer any of the following?
- difficulty in maintaining sleep
- trouble getting to sleep
- non-refreshing sleep
- dream disturbed sleep
- fatigue & poor daytime functioning
- a state of hyperactivity during day and night
Stimulation of certain acupuncture points has been shown to impact areas of the brain that are known to reduce sensitivity to pain and stress, as well as promoting relaxation and deactivating the ‘analytical’ brain, which is responsible for insomnia and anxiety.
Acupuncture has been found to:
- Increase nocturnal melatonin secretion
- Reduce sympathetic (stress related) nervous system activity
- Regulate the brain’s mood chemistry to help to increase relaxation
Here you can find information about the evidence for effectiveness treating insomnia with Chinese acupuncture: